Thursday, December 2, 2010

Doubles. Twice the fun!






So it looks like I'll be competing in a doubles tournament at Battlegrounds in Plainville, MA in January.  As a result, I've come up with a pair of lists that don't require me to buy anything outside the scope of my original plans, more just deciding what to buy first.  This is all subject to change and will of course be updated accordingly depending on what my Blood Angels partner, Angelus Mortifer, decides to field. 
The Force Org chart is split between the two players like so:

1 HQ
2-3 Troops
0-1 Elites
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Heavy Support
1 floating Elites, Fast Attack, and Heavy Support slot to be used by either player (total = 0-3 between the two teammates)


Without further ado:

KABAL OF THE OBSIDIAN SKY

List A

HQ
Big Bad Vect (240)

TROOPS
10x Wyches (240)
-Hekatrix w/Agonizer, PGL
-2x Shardnet
-Raider w/NS, FF

10x Warriors (195)
-Blaster and Splinter Cannon
-Raider w/NS, FF

5x Warriors (135)
-Blaster
-Venom w/2x Cannons, NS, FF

ELITES
5x Incubi (190)
-Raider w/NS, FF

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Ravagers w/NS, FF, 3xDL (250)

TOTAL: 1250

Vect rides with the Incubi, most likely accompanied by the Wyches.  10x Warriors for holding the home objective while being able to throw out some wounds with the SC.  Small warrior squad in the Venom is for wound dumping and a cheap scoring unit.


List B



HQ
Archon (180)
-Husk Blade
-Shadowfield
-PGL
-Combat Drugs
-Ghostplate
-Soultrap


TROOPS
10x Wyches (245)
Hekatrix w/Agonizer, PGL
2x Shardnet
Raider w/NS, FF, Tormentor Grenade Launchers

10x Warriors (205)
-Blaster and Splinter Cannon
-Sybarite
-Raider w/NS, FF


ELITES
5x Incubi (195)
-Raider w/NS, FF, Tormentor Grenade Launchers

FAST ATTACK
6x Reaver Jetbikes (172)
-2x Cluster Caltrops

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Ravagers w/NS, FF, 3xDL (250)



TOTAL: 1247

I lose one scoring unit, and lose vect's 4+ to sieze which is huge, but might be more fun/interesting to play and wouldn't require me to find and convert up a Venom.  Not that I'm opposed to doing this, but I only have ~1 month to paint all of this, and I currently have finished only 1 warrior as my Kabal test model.  Also, I've considered dropping/tweaking some things to give the wyches haywire grenades in case they get caught by a dreadnought or just really need to hurt some vehicles.

Please comment, critique, and shred away!!  Much appreciated!

Kabalite #1 for the Kabal of the Obsidian Sky:

2 comments:

  1. First off, nice paint scheme. Much more refined than my technique (about 90% Necron Abyss with some metallics).

    Out of the two, I like List 1, although I'd hold out on my final choice until I have an idea of what the BA use. Generally if they go combat I'd swap the Wyches for another Warrior unit like the 10 man squad, and bolster the 5 man squad so it can get a cannon with some other bits of list tweaking (I'd use a Raider over the Venom if you did that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response Bryss! And thanks for the props on the paintjob! It takes *self-edit* forever but looks nice when it's finished. Outlining the raider for them to ride in is beginning to make me pull my hair out.

    I believe we're probably going to go with the first one as you suggested. He will most likely be assault-heavy with 2 squads of jump marines with libby and at least 1 priest. I'd like to beef up the small warriors squad, but I feel like I'll wind up with a less efficient use of points. 12 Splinter shots from afar and a blaster just in case for 120 points seems pretty sweet.

    IDK about dropping the Wyches for 2 reasons:

    1) I feel like they are all-around more effective and versatile than Warriors. Warriors only job is really to sit in your ride and let your special/heavy weapons go to work. Unless you've got 20 in cover they're pretty useless outside a transport.

    2) I'd really rather not buy 2 more boxes of warriors instead of just 1 =P

    ReplyDelete